Monday, April 21, 2008

Lakers vs Nuggets - NBA Playoffs

Yesterday afternoon I went with a co-worker to the Lakers vs. Nuggets playoff game! It was a blast. I'd never been to a Lakers playoff game, the atmosphere is off the hook compared to a regular season game. Everything is heightened. The introduction for Lakers was amazing, they dropped this huge white sheet from the top of the jumbo-tron that engulfed the entire jumbo-tron and went all the way to the ground. Images and video of the players started playing on the screen synced with pounding music and the announcer and ending with "This is the time." It was very cool. Did I mention our seats were in a box? And the box had free food and drinks? Yeah, free tickets, food and drink for a playoff game was too good to pass up. I'll admit I'm not a Lakers fan, in fact I'm not a Kobe fan at all. But I was very happy to secretly root for A.I. and Carmelo Anthony. It was actually a good game for the first three quarters and then the Lakers pulled away and I was more interested in scoping out what celebrities were in attendance with my binoculars (for the record there was Jack Nicholson of course, David Beckham, Tobey Maguire, Andy Garcia, Jim Belushi, Joel Silver, Rick Fox, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Antonio Banderas, David Arquette, Lukas Haas and Penny Marshall). Oh and when the dessert cart came we all had to have something then too--a slice of red velvet cake was the dessert of choice for me. Needless to say I ate way too much...because I could...and because it was free. lol. Never again.

Now that I've sat in box seats its kinda ruined the experience of sitting any where else. My next goal: COURTSIDE, YEAH!!!






Google














No comments: