On Sunday morning Alex and I got up at 3:30AM for the Malibu Triathlon. Jacob picked Alex up at 3:45 and they were off to the beach.

Alex walking out the door with all of his gear!

Here we are in the driveway waiting for Jacob to come.

Jacob's here! Time to go!

Alex's bike. Very important for a triathlon.

Alex and Jacob. They look very calm and relaxed for what's ahead of them!

Jacob and Alex in their NBC jerseys.

Each competitor was numbered and their number written on their arm. Their ages were written in marker on the back of their calves.

Jamie did all the videotaping for the day and I was in charge of the camera. Good teamwork.

I dropped Jamie off at the beach and then had to park a mile away. I literally ran from the parking lot to the beach so that I wouldn't miss Alex's start. I ran ONE mile and was exhausted... I'm so proud of Alex!!

Alex- moments before running into the water.


Alex was the first "heat" to go. They had orange caps.


Alex is in the middle of this pack. He's the one in the sleeveless wetsuit looking at the camera.

Alex emerging from the water after his half mile swim.

Through the showers and into the transition area where he will get on his bike and take off!

Jennifer Lopez also competed. That's her to the left of the blonde woman's head. She's in a gray swim cap.


Jacob coming out of the water.


I was so pleased I got both guys during the bike portion of the race. I saw Jacob coming and yelled and cheered for him. He looked over at me and smiled and waved. It got a big chuckle out of the people around me.

I caught Alex towards the end of the bike part of the race. He'll come around one more bend before heading back into the transition area. Look at him... still smiling after an 18 mile ride!

Alex running his bike into the transition area! Only a four mile run to go!

Jennifer Lopez again in the white t-shirt. Starting her four mile run. I hate to be a crazy fan... but she was right in front of me... how could I NOT take a picture?

Here's Jacob starting the 4 mile run! Almost done Jacob!

Alex at the finish line! Two hours and eight minutes after he started. Pretty impressive!


"I did it!"


Jacob crossing the finishing line. He beat his time from last year. Good job Jacob!

Showing off their medals!

I couldn't be more proud!!!

This is the whole NBC Universal team.


Back home! And ready for a nap.


See you next year!!
I really am so proud of Alex and his commitment to this triathlon. Some mornings I got up and went to the park with him while he ran or swam. Many mornings I opted out to sleep in. He really pushed himself and it paid off. Great job Lover!!
No comments:
Post a Comment