Monday, March 2, 2009

Everybody loves cupcakes

If you don't already know, I have a serious obsession with cupcakes. I love them in all shapes and form. Even our wedding cake was built out of cupcakes. But don't get me started on that one cause it didn't go as planned. Lol.

Here are a couple of my most recent creations.

These are "brownie pops." They are heart shaped brownies dipped in white chocolate and sprinkled with candy hearts. I used a regular popsicle stick to make them "pops."

I made a dozen for my office and two dozen for Alex's office (his is a bigger office!). They were a smashing success!!

I wanted to come up something a little different for Oscar Sunday. I found an idea online using mini marshmallows to make it look like each cupcake was topped with popcorn. The original decorator just placed the mini marshmallows on top. I felt like I needed to do something a little snazzier. I used a knife to "roll" each marshmallow so that they puffed out like a piece of popcorn. They looked so much like popcorn that people were a little hesitant to try them at first. For the "butter" I used yellow frosting, which I melted to make it a bit "runnier". Then I just drizzled my yellow frosting on top so it would like buttered popcorn!! These are by far my most favorite creation.

Here is a top view of the cupcakes. Don't you just want to grab a handful of popcorn?

The cupcakes were mini-cupcakes. Regular size might have been a little too much sugar.
Even for me.

Aren't they just the cutest ever? The detail would probably be a little bit easier to see if they weren't white. The flash makes it tough. But they still look good, right? :)

Next cupcake event... EASTER!!!




Google














No comments: