Sunday, April 12, 2009

Big Bear 4/09

We spent Easter weekend in Big Bear at a cabin belonging to Nicole's fam. It was a fantastic weekend. Most relaxing weekend I've had in a while! Here's a few pics and some commentary.

Alex, Meg and I were the first to arrive. We left around 11:30AM from LA and arrived in Big Bear just over two hours later. It's hardly believable that a place so quiet and remote feeling can only be two hours from LA. The three of us brought our bikes along too. We got in a lovely bike ride before everyone else showed up.

My bike had a flat tire before we started. My amazing husband was kind enough to change it.


Meg and Mel getting ready for a bike ride. I forgot a hat and gloves. Fortunately, Meg had an extra hat for me.

No hands!

A few minutes into our ride, Alex found a little bird on the road. It wouldn't move when we got close to it, so we assumed it was injured.

Alex picked it up and put it on the side of the road, so it wouldn't get hurt.

Meg was not a fan of the little guy.


We rode our bikes down to Big Bear lake. Meg is holding a wheel and Alex is holding up three fingers. That's their made-up sign for a "third wheel," which is how we referred to Meg all weekend.



That's Big Bear ski resort in the background. You can see the runs.

Eller and Bradley showed up shortly after we returned from our bike ride. Hanging from the rafters became a fast favorite for everyone.

Alex, Meg, Eller, Bradley and I headed out to dinner together while we waited on the rest of the group to show.

Beers as big as our heads (bigger, actually)!

Alex using his iPhone to show scale.

The rest of the group arrives! Greg and Stephanie (and Nicole).


Eller found Bible Trivia for us all to play. I automatically call Steph's team if we ever play again. She's an OT wiz!

The boys. And Meg's arm coming up to punch Al.

The girls! Nicole, Mel, Steph and Meg.





Saturday morning, after breakfast, we went hiking!

The whole gang before our big hike. Yes, that's snow on the ground. Much of hike was over snow. Brrrr....

Two minutes into the hike and Alex is already blazing a new trail with Bradley in tow.






My standard "self pic". I gotta do it or else I'm rarely in the photos!

After hiking we headed back to the cabin for a late and delicious lunch.



After relaxing from our long hike six of us headed into town to walk around and do a little shopping.

Bradley and Alex up front with meg in the middle. Nic, Steph and I are peeking out from the back!

Bradley sees if his hand measures up. It's like "where's Waldo" but with Bradley.









This is Bubbles the goat. I think it's a goat.


Meg is Bradley's "#1 Kid"

Bradley is Meg's "Workout Nut". How cute are they?

After our trip to town we headed to the lake for a last look before the sun went down.








After the trip to the lake, Alex, Bradley, Meg and I stopped by this tree for picture. It has the names of all the families with cabins in that area. We're pointing to the white arrow, third from the top.


Trying to get a little closer to the sign.

Saturday night Bradley made us a gourmet feast. We ate dinner together and then played games till around 2AM.

In the morning we took off a car at a time, the same way we arrived. It was such a great weekend. I'm hoping for a repeat very soon!!




Google














No comments: