Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Great Pumpkin Carving of 2008

Last Saturday night we all headed over to Greg and Eller's place for pumpkin carving! Bradley couldn't make it until later that night so he was our judge. There was a prize for "best" pumpkin and a prize for "worst" pumpkin. You'll just have to check out the pictures to see who the winner (and loser) is. 

Greg and Eller's pumpkins. 

Mel and Whitney

Nicole and Whitney getting the newspaper set up so we can start carving! 

Alex and his pumpkin. That's a good looking pumpkin! 


Mel's pumpkin

Meg's pumpkin

Nicole and Greg with their pumpkins

Eller and his pumpkin


Alex was pretty scared to be sitting next to Meg while she had a knife... can you tell why?

Kacey decided to carve three little pumpkins instead of one big one


Does Whitney's pumpkin look scared to you? 


Pumpkin guts!! Ew! 













Is that CPR you're doing, Eller? 


Meg finished early and decided to play a little Rock Band with the judge. 


Finished pumpkins.  Nicole's pumpkin is a cat and Whitney carved a palm tree, surf board and the word "surf" into her pumpkin.  

All of the complete pumpkins! 


Eller's pumpkin is "Mufasa" from the Lion King.

This is Alex's Skeleton pumpkin. 

I carved a birthday cake and "Happy Birthday" for Alex! We'll use it as a decoration at his birthday party next weekend!! 

Meg tried to sweeten her chances of winning by carving "B-Rad" into a pumpkin. She thought Bradley was sure to make her the pumpkin the winning pumpkin.

Greg's skeleton

Nicole's cat

Kacey's little pumpkins. So cute! 

Whitney's California surfin pumpkin

The judge!!

Kacey can't stand the suspense! She just wants to know who won. 




My super awesome "happy birthday" pumpkin WON!  And by "won" I mean I lost. I received "worst pumpkin prize" from the judge.  Boo!  My pumpkin rocked!

Alex's pumpkin won "best pumpkin" so the Van Fleet's took it all! 



After the contest we all settled down and watched "The Strangers." I was the only that had seen it before.  Mom and I went together when she was in Los Angeles a few months ago.  Everyone thought it was hilarious that I watched this with my mom. Hee hee.  

Al's birthday party is a week from Saturday. Check back later for more pictures!!  



Google















No comments: