Friday, January 15, 2010

Christmas (Part 2) in Pittsburgh

On the morning of Christmas Eve, we met Emily and the kids at Bob Evans in Angola. We ate a delicious breakfast together and then said our "goodbyes" to my parents. We all piled into Em's car and headed to PA. It was a long ride and everyone was pretty pooped... I think this picture sums it up. :)

(Tristan)

Jess was at hard work when we arrived. It's a tradition (I'm learning) that we have lots of appetizers for dinner on Christmas Eve!

Everyone pitched in!


Jess, Jan and Emily. About to head out to Christmas Eve service at Jess' church.


Emily and her oldest, Kendall.


Carli, Abby and Emily being a little crazy


Is T-Bone trying to escape?

In the morning, Jan would get the little one's dancing. I think it was an excellent work out for young and young-at-heart. :)

Little too much of a workout for some.
Apparently Lili wouldn't nap unless her Uncle Alex was holding her.


Christmas Eve, it's a Collins' family tradition to open a new pair of PJ's! Very cute tradition. Kate is unwrapping her new jammies.

Cute panda pj's!


It's Christmas morning! Alex with "trouble" and "nightmare," as we refer to them. :)

Look at all those presents! It's clear that Sho Sho has been here.

Lilli and Aunt Mel patiently waiting for our gifts.


Uncle Alex calls Lilli "Stinkerbell"


Abby and Tristan are ready to open a few gifts!

Nice shirt Chris!


Uncle Alex playing Littlest Pet Shop with the girls. I think Chris is just supervising.

T-Bone doesn't need presents. Just a little love from Mater.


And Alex just needs sugar from Cam. (short for Camshaft, lol)


Mmmm... Christmas morning cinnamon rolls!

Katie


T-Bone!!

Mel, Larry, Alex, Kendall. Enjoy the mess before we bother to clean it all up. :)

Emily and Kendall

Big sister and little brother

Come on. I had to post this one. :)


Look at this handsome boy!

What you can't see is the krispy cream donut she's hiding under the desk. She would wait until no one was around and then take it out and eat a bite. I know I shouldn't encourage the behavior but she's too cute to scold. Besides, aunties are for spoiling... not for disciplining.


Ben and Cam have had enough excitement for one day.

Larry and Jan!

Lilli and Katie are finally letting me do their hair. I had them in braids most days. too cute!


She loves her uncle Alex


The guys are working on Chris' Christmas legos.


Beautiful Kendall!

Abby and Carli, what red noses you have. ;)

The day after Christmas we (Emily, Alex, Larry, and I) took Kendall to get her nose pierced. I had told her back in August that I would get mine pierced a second time with her if she waited until Christmas to have hers done. And she did. So I did.

Brave girl!

Ouch! Needle going through...

All done! Look at this guy...

Aunt Mel's turn!


He told me to lean forward because mine was going to be bloody. Ew. He also informed me that my first piercing was done wrong. Turns out body pierces are just like manicurists... always insulting the last person's work. lol

Done!

Kendall will be the coolest 14 year old in school!

Look how big this dog is in comparison to 4-year-old Lilli.

Is it any wonder why this dog terrifies me?

Welcome to Moe's! We all headed out to dinner one night for yummy tacos at Moe's!

Lilli, Jess and Ben

Alex was coming down with a pretty bad cold so I made him take some nyquil. Emily and Jess thought it would be fun to take a few pics with him.

He later accused me of drugging him because he was out by 9pm. :)

Story time with Lilli!


Alex and I took Kendall and Abby to the mall one afternoon and then stopped at Steak N Shake for a little lunch.

Alex and Abby

Kendall and Mel (none of us meant to actually match but it's funny how it worked out)

Mel and Em


Em realizing (after drinking three margaritas) that there was no alcohol in the margarita mix. They accidentally bought virgin margaritas. "How come I don't feel the tequila yet?"

One of the last nights in Pittsburgh, we decided to play Taboo. Emily and Jess decided to make the game a bit more physical.

Emily attacking Jess

Jess knocking Emily upside the head


Sisters! They might get a little rough with each other, but they love each other.

Larry kind of had a hard time with the rules of the game... The following pictures show Alex and Jess' amusement with the situation.



It was all pretty amusing!


Driving back to Jess' one day we spotted wild turkeys! I know.... I'm easily excited!

puzzle time!

A little afternoon entertainment

Ben installed a huge movie screen downstairs for movies and video games. It was incredible! I had Jess stand by it to show a little scale.

There's always a game of "attack Uncle Alex". :)

How sweet and innocent this one looks as she sits and colors.
I forget, Katie, are you trouble or nightmare? :)


Mel and Carli

Alex turned the tables and everyone attacked Jess. Even Cam, the dog, is getting in on it!

We had a wonderful trip! It was a great holiday and we can't wait to see everyone again soon!

Happy New Year!




Google














1 comment:

Holdermans in Mad(ison) City said...

Wow! Great photos and it looks like such a wonderful family time! You are blessed.